In this SEMrush Review, we are going to put the unique and popular services that SEMrush provides. We will do a review for SEMrush as it is the best search tool for keyword research, competitive analysis, and rank tracking.
What is SEMrush?
A software that specializes in keyword research, competitor analysis, and Google Ad campaign optimization. It was founded by Dmitry Melnikov and Oleg Shchegolev as an SEO tool and a browser extension before adopting the SaaS model. This software provides data intelligence including trends, website traffic information, site audits, keywords, projected AdWords spend, rank tracking, topic research, lead generation, and other SEO-related data.
By putting into simple words, SEMrush is an SEO tool that helps to optimize websites.
It is a great tool that improves the way of doing digital business, especially when it comes to –
- Keyword research,
- SEO best practices,
- link building,
- website audits, and
- keeping a watchful eye on competitors.
In the SEMrush review, you can identify trends in the SEMrush tool that occur within your niche industry. It audits your on-page SEO and helps you improve your web pages. This allows you to optimize and understand your page better and helps in lead generation.
To gather information about your website domain, simply enter your domain address into the Domain Overview tool. When you’re running a campaign based on SEO, it takes little time to show results. You’re left wondering whether your optimizations are working or not. With SEMrush, you’ll get insight into your campaign’s performance.
SEMrush tells you how your site is performing. You’ll see how much traffic you obtain through organic means and as well as paid means. It will also show you if you’re having an increase or decrease in your website traffic. It has advanced filtering and column management into Organic Research.
let’s take a look at some of the amazing metrics that SEMrush can offer when you type in your domain address:
- Shows visual representations of sources for organic and paid keywords.
- The traffic graph brings to choose 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, all-time references.
- Shows the amount of traffic that keywords known to SEMrush are bringing to the site through organic traffic.
- The traffic you might be bringing in with the paid search.
- The number of backlinks from referring domains and tags.
- A graph showcasing a competitive position map based on organic search traffic and the number of keywords.
- It analyzes the top 5 organic keywords that are bringing traffic to your site.
- Showcasing organic position distribution graph, for example, how many of your keywords rank in the top 3, how many ranks in positions 4-10, 11-20, etc. up to the top 100 results.
- Who are you, based on traffic and overlapping keywords, are your top organic competitors. Many of the competitors listed may not even be ones you knew about.
- Showing your competitive positioning map on a graph. Relative to how many paid keywords your competitors are targeting as well as traffic brought in from PPC keywords.
- The graph shows the most popular indexed pages that are back-linked by other domains.
And remember, all of this information is just an overview of the SEMrush metrics.
Keyword Research –
SEMrush helps you to identify valuable quality keywords for your campaign.
The SEMrush Keyword tool is very straight, the first thing which is shown is Domain Analytics and then Keyword Analytics.
You’ll get to know what keywords your competitor is using and how they rank in the search engines. It shows the Keyword overview, where you get to know every detail related to that keyword with the location-specific. Also, it gives you an abundance of insight as to how you stack up to the competition with following the trend. This gives you the insights for the keywords you were missing out for the business so that you can reach to the valuable leads.
Now, what Topic research basically does is it gives some content ideas, some headline ideas, questions, Sub-topics, related searches.
The data that displays are-
The content ideas that are shown in the form of cards with subtopics. The trending subtopics marked with a fire icon are shown first for topic research. If you click on a card you’ll see more info like the research for top headlines and questions related to the topic.
The trending subtopics are the most popular subtopics over the topic in the last 60 days across the internet. The number of articles on these subtopics is growing and it could be a great opportunity to follow a trend. Also, you are able to sort your topic cards by either volume, difficulty, or topic efficiency. This saves your time to sort out.
This tab will break down each topic by the subtopic, content idea, Fb Engagements, backlinks, and total shares. Fb engagement is defined as the number of times that page was shared on Facebook.
Each of these metrics is easy to sort so you can get a clear idea of the most topics that are engaging and based on your desired metric.
The total shared metric is the number of Fb Engagements combined with the number of backlinks for that piece of content.
In case if you are a visual kind of person, there is the Mind Map view that you can switch to at any time. The map view is essentially a more visual presentation of your topic cards. You’ll see your topics, headlines, and questions, as well as related searches for their combination with the root keyword in a more diagrammatic setting. Trending topics will be there in highlights.
The mind map has a feature of a whole bunch of questions that you can filter down into what, how, why, what’s, where, which.
That’s what cards are, the explorer will basically give you the kind of subtopic on the left-hand side.
The content idea there, and it will also give you an idea of Facebook engagements, backlinks, total shares, and whatnot.
Now, in terms of topic ideas, it’s always good to kind of talk with the kind of engagement that something got on Facebook. If something got good engagement on Facebook, it’s probably something that you might want to think about.
The topic research tool anyway exports all the data if you want to, to send it to a content writer or you want to research anything. SEMrush is a great little tool, which pulls all the data together for you and makes life a hell lot easier.
When you see your Site Audit, you can run your Project and see your results in the Overview report. You’ll see an analysis of the website’s on-page health, pointing out all the issues you should be aware of. From Site Audit, you can jump into reports analyzing your site’s robots.txt, crawlability, HTTPS implementation, international SEO, performance, page speed, and internal linking.
SEMrush performs a comprehensive technical SEO audit, finds and fixes on-site issues, and improves your Google rank.
We review SEMrush’s Site Audit in the form of a powerful website crawler that allows you to analyze the health of a website. It will provide you with a list of issues that makes it easy to see where exactly a website is struggling.
By fixing these issues will help boost the SEO and quality of a website.
- Flexible settings – domain, subdomain or subfolder crawling. Meanwhile ability to include and exclude specific pages and audit the desktop or mobile version of a website.
- Over 120 on-page and technical SEO checks from surface-level issues like duplicate content and broken links, to in-depth analysis of AMPs, HTTPS implementation, correct usage of the href-lang attribute, crawlability and indexability.
- Have a high-speed crawler that will process all your pages in minutes, not in long hours.
- There is on-demand crawling & scheduled auto recrawls on a daily or weekly basis.
- Awesome User Interface – big-picture and reports with an ocean of data.
Site Health Score
In the SEMrush review, we will tell you about the Site Health Score (a percentage between 0% and 100%) taking into account the number of errors and warnings found during the crawl with the number of performed checks.
Site Health Score is a good thing when it’s higher, resembling a lower density of problems on your website. Errors will have a higher impact on your Site Health Score than warnings, but both should be addresses to improve the site’s health for better traffic.
Besides the Site Health Score will be a breakdown of your site’s crawled pages showing exactly how many pages were found healthy, broken, having issues, redirects, or blocked by a crawler.
Also, you will notice the total number of Errors, Warnings, and Notices on the website. As notices contain information that some people might consider useful for fixing a site, but they don’t impact at overall site health score.
In this SEMrush review, we have put together the ultimate SEO Site Audit checklist that explains important components of the proficient site analysis, including
Below the errors, warnings, and notices you will see the Top issues from the audit. These issues are based on their priority level and the number of pages with said issues. Well, Click on one of the buttons beside the issue to see the list presented in the Issues tab.
Thematic reports dive into specific aspects of a website where common issues are found, we have mentioned this also in our SEMrush review.
- Site Architecture creates SEO-friendly URLs, considering all the nuances, and attentively uses a site checker to audit all of your website’s internal and external linking for various mistakes and incorrect redirects.
- Crawlability refers to how easily accessible search engine bots which can crawl your website and find the information they’re looking for.
- HTTPS ranking factor will help you diagnose any issues related to a website’s transition from HTTP to HTTPS.
- International SEO covers the best practices for global websites and checks a domain’s use of the href-lang tag for common misuses and errors.
- Performance evaluates a site’s page load speed, file minifies, and other issues related to a website’s speed and performance.
- Internal linking analyzes how well a site links between its pages. If you have any orphaned pages or pages with high click depth, they are often hard for the visitors to find.
This SEMrush review report will tell you what those pages are so you can address the issue and improve your internal linking strategy.
Re-running Site Audit
After you check all of your issues and make the adjustments on your site to fix them. You can re-run the Site Audit, Export your results as a PDF report, or an XLS or CSV file.
SEMrush robots.txt file is used to instruct bots such as search engine crawlers and what content on your website to crawl. SEMrush will tell you if it noticed any changes to your robots.txt file. Any issues related to the file that could impact the crawlability of your website.
Configuring a robots.txt is a technical job and you should follow Google’s specific guidelines as much as possible.